Sunday, June 18, 2006

KSKS Meme...

For my Knit Sock Bag Swap Pal...the questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors?
Pinks or Blues with greens

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks?
I wouldn't call myself a new sock knitter, but I've only been knitting socks for about a year.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?
Multi!

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn?
Merino Wool. Superwash. Definitely.

Where do you usually knit socks?
At home. In the car. On vacation. In a box. With a fox...

How do you usually carry/store small projects?
In my Sock Bag that Trek made! (Check out her blog for her ingenious bag ideas!)

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns?
Jaywalker, Pomatomus

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?
I like all techniques I have learned...they all make me go "wow, that's how you do that"!

What new techniques would you like to try?
Short row toes, german heel, picot edging that won't fall down

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting?
Magic Loop on circs. But I also have WIPs on DPNs.

What are some of your favorite yarns?
Sundara, Brooklyn Handpun, Vesper, Scout's Knitted Swag, Koigu, my own handdyed!

What yarn do you totally covet?
Still covet the Socks that Rock and now Yarntini!

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?
Anything Alice Starmore. For the challenge!

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?
AddiTurbo circs for socks.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?
Malabrigo. Soft and buttery smooth merino.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?
Sour anything!

What’s your favorite animal?
My cats :)

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages?
2 cats: Buster (9), Niblet (6)

If you were a color what color would you be?
Azalea/Peony pink

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s)..
anything flowery and stripey!

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?
Peony.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read.
"All of us get lost in the darkness dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Do you have a wishlist?
Yes, but there isn't much on it.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?
Happy sock knitting, bag making and pattern developing!

No comments:

Post a Comment