Friday, May 05, 2006

Appreciation for Knitbloggers!

I just wanted to thank everyone who commented or emailed in the past few days about my kitty Buster. He feels really loved right now by all of you. He's not doing well according to his blood levels (for anyone who has experienced feline CRF, his BUN is >180 and creatinine 13.5) but he's eating and is in good spirits. Thank you so much for all your well wishes!!! Knitters are so awesome! I can't wait to meet so many wonderful knitbloggers at MSW on Saturday!

Speaking of knitters being awesome...Scout and Suzanne are the two awesomest!

Scout just started selling her hand painted sock yarn here, so I wondered...could she custom dye me a self-striping colorway??? COULD SHE! Working together to find the right shades based on the combination of pink, yellow and green, Sweet Pea was born!

Here she is on the cute tissue paper (I think it sort of matches her website!)
and the yummy smelling insense she came packaged with!

Our heroine, ready for her closeup!

The colors came out perfectly! Thanks Scout! What she will become shall be revealed in due time! (yes, sweet pea is a she)

Today, after a long day at work, the vet and the dentist, I came home to this lovely postcard in my mailbox, from my April Project Spectrum Postcard Pal Suzanne! Yes, April is over, but we had a "special agreement" that late is ok (I just sent hers out yesterday...) Thanks Suzanne! It's so happy and springy, and I really needed the sunshine today!

Springy Orange and Yellow painted flowers! So pretty!

Lastly, (Lisa this is for you), I FINALLY received my Asparagus from Knitpicks for Eunny's Deep V Agyle Vest. Now that it's 80 degrees, do I want a 100% merino wool vest??? Well, it can be worn in the fall, right?

Knitpicks Merino Style in Asparagus and Petal

That's it for tonight! See you at the festival on Sat! Save me some STR!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you likey. I really had fun making her for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, your very own yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Pea is quite lovely, I must say! And I can't wait to see your vest ~ it's going to be great in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Stash Enhancement! The custom dyed yarn is so springy, I am curious what it will look like in the end. Ah, the possibilities.... ;)

    ReplyDelete