Thursday, March 02, 2006

Catching Up

Helooooo faithful blog readers! I haven't posted in a while, but I've been reading a lot of your blogs...so here's the news according to me!

No knitting updates since Angelica. I've been working on a new pair of Jaywalkers for Mom, and the Grumpecue...but no pictures yet.

I just ordered some of this beautiful sock yarn from the Secret Dyer, Sundara Yarn...No longer a secret! YAY!

Oh...and here's my gold medal for finishing Angelica!

I wore her to work yesterday, and I finally heard from a coworker, "that's a nice sweater". I'm used to the "did you make that?" comment, and yes, got about 15 of those...but finally, finally someone complimented the sweater, not the talent of the sweater-maker. I should be happy regardless, but too many people know I knit! I can come into the office in a Banana Republic sweater and I'll be asked if I made it. I guess I should consider that a compliment...But I don't.

I have some great pics from my weekend in Mass. My friend Deb painted her baby's room like the back cover of "Where the Wild Things Are". I can't seem to get the pics off my camera, so you'll have to wait for those...BUT! I noticed a recurrent theme of on-the-fly photos that my cameraphone seems to enjoy...

BIG FOOD!

Dave enjoying his "Magic Apple" Jess enjoying her GIANT Matzo Ball

Hee hee!

Edit: I forgot to add that I must make the modified version of Forecast and Starsky very soon. And, Furry, if you're reading...I think I need this knitting bag by Jordana Paige (the designer of the latter "this") for my birthday, or Easter... The spiders will be more likely to see me in public if I have something other than a ShopRite bag to carry my knitting in!

6 comments:

  1. I ordered some of her yarn also in black lagoon. She hasn't gotten back to me yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same taste in knits apparently. First Phildar #20. Now, Forecast and Starsky. I am also thinking of making them but trying to finish the projects on hand first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow that is some maztah ball!!!

    And the colors on your sock yarn are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving that sock yarn!
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at yarn on Sundara's new site. I love the coloway you chose! Congrats on the gold medal - a job well done! Angelica looks fantastic on you. That is the biggest matzo ball I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I need some of that sundara yarn... it's absolutely gorgeous! First, I must hunt for a project that could showcase such a wonderful fiber!

    ReplyDelete