Sunday, October 09, 2005

U2 at MSG!!

Hi kooky kids! There would be NO KNITTING today - I actually had my first *good* experience with ebay, and scored tickets to tonight's U2 show at MSG...There was a special guest star...Mary J. Blige...To be honest, I'm not really sure why she was there, she sang with Bono on "One", but it took her almost half the song to get on key...Here are some really quality pics from my phone:










The setlist, as I was able to capture (feel free to correct me!)

City of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
All I Want is You
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
Love and Peace or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday (with one of Bono's political rants - this one entitled "Coexist" )
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride: In the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One - with Mary J. Blige (with a request to join one.org)

Encore:
For the First Time (Bono/Edge - acoustic)
Wild Horses (acoustic)
With or Without You (2 girls and a guy pulled on stage!)

Double Encore:
All Because of You
Fast Car
Original of the Species
"40"...trail off the stage...

Overall, I thought this was a 180 from a typical U2 show...They started with all the hits and crazy effects, and ended with the new stuff. Honest - it was a great show, but I felt that the end lacked the energy of the beginning. We had a blast though! I'm going to bed now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment