Tuesday, September 27, 2005

French? What am I thinking?


Ok, so I'm madly in love with Phildar patterns...I just joined the Colchique knitalong for this lovely sweater...unfortunately, the pattern is in French! Luckily, there are a bunch of French-speaking knitters who kindly offered to help out for those of us who are lingually challenged! I also ordered this Phildar book from Knit n Tyme for the sweater on the left of the spread (and many many other wonderful creations! Oh, did I mention, this one is...ALSO in FRENCH!!! To add to the craziness, do you see my sidebar of pending projects? I have knitting ADD! I am now up to 99% complete with Clapotis, she just needs end weaving and a bit of blocking. For anyone who has completed Le Clappy, did you steam or wet block this lady?

Lukily, I'm obsessed with knitting. I'll say it again. I'm OBSESSED!!!

8 comments:

  1. Julia,

    It's Harriet from The Nest. LOVE the pattern - I may have to knit this up. AND, I ordered the Phildar magazine as well.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harriet - do you speak french? Maybe we can translate together???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those patterns are lovely. I may have to check out Phildar too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all should get over to the KAL!

    But about Clap - I didn't block at all. I used a finer yarn and smaller needles so mine came out mosre scarf-like. I like it just the way it it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fig and plum has the pattern translated into english - pdf file. just in case you don't feel like doing all of that translating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those patterns are so pretty!! Good luck translating!

    http://www.gonnapurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!
    Thought I'd return the comment! :) I'm doing this sweater too, but not from the pattern. I knit up some swatches last night and am going to wing it. Let me know how the french goes and I might have to do that if mine doesn't turn out. They are both great sweaters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi. i'm just browsing around different knitting blogs and i don't know if you still need help with your french knits, but here's an article with dictionary and all: http://www.knittingfog.net/stitchery.html good luck! you make great stuff.

    ReplyDelete