Friday, September 23, 2005

The Clap and the Cardigan

I took a vacation (knitting) day today, since our presentation went really well on Wednesday! We actually got feedback DURING the presentation, and we have some new projects for '06 we can start now. It feels really good to be done with the planning process, whew!

First thing today, I ordered the first little surprise for my secret pal - these stitch markers from Zephyr Style! Aren't those sheep cute? They even customize one for you, so I added her blog name (which will remain anonymous....in case she figures me out!) I still haven't heard from my secret pal, but I hear she's trying to contact me...If you're out there, secret pal, leave a comment here!

In my crazy yarn spree, I picked up some Diakeito diamusee in this funky rainbowy colorway. What else to use it for other than the famous Clapotis? (Does it even need the link?) I wanted mine to be more of a scarf than a shawl, so I only increased to half the total width. I'm about 2/3 of the way done now (ok I used 2 of the 3 balls...).

Click to enlarge either image:












Anyone know how to put up those rockin progress bars? I just started working on the NSS Cardigan from Knit and Tonic, and here are some progress shots. I'm using Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino. It's so soft, and already I can tell it's going to be really drapey...surprisingly I got gague on 6's, so I didn't have to make any mods to the pattern, although I think I'm going to make it a bit longer than waist length because my waist = a waste.

When I was 10, my parents and I went to a party at my mom's cousin's house, and all their kids are way older than me (in fact everyone in my family is!). I was always a pretty loud kid, and spoke without thinking first. True to form, this day was no different. Trying to get everyone to notice me, I started in on my dad...who was eating everything in sight, and wearing a too-tight zip up cardigan...I yelled out across the pool table, expecting a chuckle from the crowd, "hey dad, you know in that sweater you have no waist!" My dad, always quick with the retort, yells back, "You're a waste!"...Everyone holding their beers cracked up. Embarrassed, I didn't open my mouth the rest of the day! So, here is the first teeny bit of the cardigan, I hope (thanks to Wendy) will never, ever be too tight on the waist.

For all of you in Texas, Louisiana or anywhere else in Rita's path, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

4 comments:

  1. you are such a busy knitter! the clapotis looks absolutely gorgeous. i'm curious about the knit and tonic cardigan, so please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh...the yarn you're using for your clapotis is sooooo lovely. so pretty...wow. can't wait to see the finished pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your clappy is GORGEOUS! i want your colorway now! good job!

    sandra
    www.sandrisuperstar.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The colors leap off the screen. Divine!

    ReplyDelete